gnucash aborts

Stephen Grant Brown s_g_brown at bemail.com.au
Fri Jul 6 01:04:42 EDT 2007

Dear Sirs and Madams,
About a week ago I installed gnucash 2.1.4. I t was working OK on a windows XP system.
Yesterday I tried using it from a user account and it failed, it still works from an admin account
Today I downloaded and installed gnucash 2.1.5. It opens OK using a admin account, but still fails in a user account.

The error message is "unspecified fatal error encountered, aborting."
I OK it and then it throws up a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way ..."

Where do I look to see what the problem is?

Thanks in advance
Yours Sincerely Stephen Grant Brown