[Gnucash-fr] Special Translations for Windows menu items, anyone?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Jul 10 05:49:44 EDT 2007

Quoting Nikos Charonitakis <nikosx at gmail.com>:
>> http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/packaging/win32/gnucash.iss.in?format=raw
>>
>> Unfortunately the file contains characters by at least two
>> different encodings
>> by now: iso-8859-1 for the German umlauts, and iso-8859-7 for the
>> Greek text.
>> I hope this works out fine.
>
> hm, this is windows world...
> utf8 not supported?

No, utf8 is not supported. In this particular case it's the fault of
our Setup generator Inno Setup in that it supports only 8bit character
encoding and it has to switch the codepages appropriately. There are
some FAQs on Inno Setup's pages talking about either Unicode or Utf8,
but there is no doubt this is currently not supported in Inno.

Christian