r16302 - gnucash/branches/register-rewrite/src/gnome-utils - Check if seconds returned by xaccTransGetDatePostedTS() are greater than zero in CellDataFunc (cdf) for COL_DATE. If

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Fri Jul 13 14:20:22 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 01:22:06PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Jeff Green <jeff at cvs.gnucash.org> writes:
>
> > Check if seconds returned by xaccTransGetDatePostedTS() are greater than zero in CellDataFunc (cdf) for COL_DATE. If
> > seconds are zero assume new transaction and set seconds to current time to display current date for new transactions.
>
> Actually, shouldn't a new transaction take the date of the previously
> entered transaction?  The only time you should need to choose the
> start date is when the register first opens.

Using the current date is better than using 1/1/1970.  If people want
to reuse the date from the previously entered transaction instead of
the current date, that can be implemented later, after the more basic
functionality.

-chris

p.s. Personally, I always found that behavior more annoying than
helpful, so if _I_ implemented it, I'd probably make it optional.