startup delay

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 16 20:16:31 EDT 2007

Herbert Thoma <herbert.thoma at iis.fraunhofer.de> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Some weeks ago we changed the startup sequence: The main window
> now only shows up after all reports are computed.
> I have a couple of reports open, so it takes quite a while
> until the main window shows up. I find this quite annoying.
> Can we change this back or make it configurable?

Hmm, that's a good point..  The reason this change got made was
because it was visually unappealing to have the window show up
before it's fully drawn.  It winds up resizing itself multiple
times and then relocates itself.  So the idea was to delay the
visibility until it's done, and the splash screen would show you
that something is happening.

I dont know how hard it would be to make it configurable.  You
can file an RFE in Bugzilla.