windows wget location changed (was: Compiling gnucash)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Jul 19 04:26:13 EDT 2007

Dear Stephen,

Quoting Stephen Grant Brown <s_g_brown at bemail.com.au>:
> I wish to compile gnucash on my computer.

Great! .-)

> http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk/packaging/win32/README
>
> I read the following
>
> * Download wget
> from http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml -> Current -> mingwPORT ->
> (bin, wget-*)
> to $DOWNLOAD_DIR
>
> I am unable to see a bin file of mingwPORT
>
> What am I doing worng?

Oh, it's not your fault. The mingw.org page got reorganized recently
and we haven't been able to adapt our instructions.

The download overview of the MinGW project is now available solely at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435 ; the wget
binary package is... hm... well, where is it? Shoot. It somehow
disappeared.

Maybe the "Binaries (zip)" of
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm might help you,
direct link: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/downlinks/wget-bin-zip.php

But maybe you have to experiment a bit. Sorry for that.

Christian