data file differences in 2.2

Hale Boyes, Kevin Kevin.HaleBoyes at encana.com
Tue Jul 24 20:01:39 EDT 2007

Hale Boyes, Kevin wrote:
> Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Kevin HaleBoyes <kcboyes at yahoo.com> writes:
>>
>>> I did notice one other thing.  2.0 doesn't know about the ROOT
>>> account type so it changes the type to NO_TYPE.  I'm wondering how
>>> 2.2 will respond to that?  Haven't tried it yet.
>>
>> What version of 2.0.x are you using?   I /think/ that 2.2 is smart
>> enough to convert that back to a ROOT account.
>
> 2.0.5
>
> I've been poking around the code to see if it would convert
> it back to a ROOT account but I get lost once it starts dealing with
> the QOF code.

Just to recap...
I have a data file saved by GnuCash 2.0.5.
I opened that file in 2.2.0 and saved.
I then took that file and opened and saved it in 2.0.5 which
  causes the Root account type to be set to NO_TYPE.

If this file is then opened in 2.2.0 again it will not recognize
the Root account properly.  So, the Root account shows up in the
display.  I didn't check but I suspect it also got re-parented
to another Root account.

So, I'd say that once you've saved your data file in 2.2.0 you should
not go back to 2.0.5 and save there.  This has nothing to do with the
data file change noted in the release notes (around scheduled
transactions).

Kevin.

This email communication and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and or proprietary information and is provided for the use of the intended recipient only. Any review, retransmission or dissemination of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete this communication and any copies immediately. Thank you.
http://www.encana.com