PDF of documentation

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Jul 31 17:24:23 EDT 2007

"dave boland" <dboland9 at fastmail.fm> writes:
> Would it be possible to take the existing documentation and offer it in
> a pdf file?

There's a PDF of the 1.8 documentation available at
<http://www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml>.  The overall content hasn't changed all
that much for 2.0 (or 2.2), so it's still quite useful.

I've added support for 'make pdf' target to the gnucash-docs build files, and
while it basically generates a PDF, it looks horrible ... I wouldn't want to
distribute it.

It'd be great if someone could figure out the incantations to turn docbook
into good-looking PDF and contribute them, ideally as a patch against the
docs of <http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash-docs/trunk/>.

> Also, does anyone know if a book on gnuCash is in the
> future?

The Tutorial and Concepts Guide started off as a book, as I understand it.
I've not heard any plans like those recently.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}