MySQL

Daniel Espinosa esodan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 14:41:24 EDT 2007

Phil may you want to look at this [1] discussion about GC backend
system and a proporsal to use GDA more directly and not by QofBackend
system with limits the power in GDA for Queries, for example.

[1] https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2007-June/020685.html

2007/6/1, Albert Lash <albert.lash at gmail.com>:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Can you CC me as well. This is something I would be interested in as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Albert
>
> On 6/1/07, Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi William,
> >
> > I have an official project underway to develop a backend for GnuCash using
> > GDA (Gnome Data Access?) which allows different databases to be used, MySQL
> > among them.  Progress has been slow, mainly because of my work and home
> > commitments (my family just moved about 2 weeks ago).  I plan to continue to
> > work on this backend and will let you know when a test version is available.
> >
> > Phil
> >
> > William Andrew Murphy <w.andrew.murphy at gmail.com> wrote: i would like to
> > suggest a MySQL backend for GnuCash.  I'm currently
> > using this software to operate a commerce site for parts and a support
> > company for linux, freebsd, and other opensource enviroments.   if
> > there's some development starting or been talked about, i would like to
> > know.  for instance... there's about five of us that are using the
> > database for the support company, and it would be nice if we could give
> > rights to certain things, like the technicians, so that they could enter
> > invoices, print reports for companies that have outstanding ballances,
> > things like that, without granting them the whole company's records to
> > muck with.
> >
> > if this requires resources such as compilation servers or finacial
> > backing, we would be glad to help out in any way that we can.
> >

> > sincerly
> >
> > andrew.
> >

> --
> My Blogs:
> http://www.docunext.com/
> http://www.albertlash.com/

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)