GnuCash 2.1.4 Released

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan.N.Veelo at ntnu.no
Mon Jun 18 15:00:13 EDT 2007

Hi, I have 0,02 NOK  input on this.

I have been using the unstable version for a while now, and because of a
recent but unrelated problem went back to 2.0.5. That version refused to
open the file with an error message approximately like "unable to parse
the XML". I went back to 2.1.4, checked scheduled transactions and noted
one completed "fire once" transaction. I deleted that entry and saved.
Now 2.0.5 opens the file without problems. So the incompatibility is
quite minor.

Reiterating on things previously said:

"In version 2.1.2 the format for scheduled transactions in data files was changed. Files using the old format will be read without problems by new versions, but the new version of GnuCash only writes the new format.  The new format cannot be loaded by older versions of GnuCash.  (If you try, the file will fail to be loaded with an error message.)  As a result, if you begin using the new Gnucash, and you have data files with (possibly completed) scheduled transactions, then these files will not be readable by older versions.

Therefore, if you use or have used scheduled transactions, you are advised to make a backup copy of the data file before saving it with the new GnuCash. If you must, you can make an existing data file readable by older versions of GnuCash by deleting all records of scheduled transactions in the scheduled transactions editor."

Bye,
Bastiaan.