I'd like to create an applet for gnucash

Martin Kaffanke technik at roomandspace.com
Mon Jun 25 11:28:19 EDT 2007

On mån, 2007-06-25 at 17:12 +0200, Andreas Köhler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 25.06.2007, 16:51 +0200 schrieb Martin Kaffanke:
> > Your suggestions are really good.  But I'm not sure if I really like it
> > that way.  There must be also a way to make the applet just bring the
> > gnucash window into the front if the user wants to insert any
> > transaction.  This should be possible, but if the applet runns the user
> > will always get an 'file already open' message on starting gnucash
> > itself.
>
> Using a GtkStatusIcon to put a running GnuCash process into the
> notification area (system tray), just like at least pidgin and rhythmbox
> do, is not what you want?

I might not use gnucash the way it is wanted...

When I open gnucash it opens also about 6 reports and the data is
inserted since 1.1.06, where I have also many private things, like many
entries for supermarket (simple imported from my online banking export
ofx).  So there is many data processed and open gnucash takes more than
a minute on my 1400 MHz Notebook with 1.2 GB RAM.

So my suggestion was a way to simple insert _one_ (or three, but not
many) transactions into gnucash at a time where I don't want to see all
the reports and avoid the long start time just for inserting one
transaction.

The thing is:  I _don't_ want to start gnucash.

-- Martin