tutorial on multi-currency accounting

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Mar 4 23:56:20 EST 2007

--On February 22, 2007 4:09:22 AM -0400 Peter Selinger
<selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> wrote:

> I have also written a fairly detailed critique of multi-currency
> accounting in GnuCash, with some suggestions for how it could be
> improved. Unlike the tutorial above, this second document is specific
> to GnuCash, but must be read after the tutorial:
>
> http://www.mathstat.dal.ca/~selinger/accounting/gnucash.html

I thought I would let folks know that I've been working on some changes
similar to the ones suggested on this page.  As might be expected, it's
not as simple as it seems and I don't know if the result will be useful
or not, although it looks somewhat promising.  I thought I'd mention it
here in case anyone else is thinking about working on this.  If so let
me know so we can compare notes.  I'm making all these changes under
control of a new preference and if it is off GnuCash behaves as before.
When I get something working I'll submit a patch in case anyone is
interested in it.

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6