80-column width

Richard Mancusi vrman49 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 13:29:38 EST 2007

Josh -

I completely agree that 80 won't cut it.  I use 132 - why? - because I am old.
That was the standard for old printouts.  Anyone remember "greenbar"?
Just for fun I followed your link and copied the code.  Then I opened it in
emacs, xemacs, gedit, vim, and kate.  Not a single line wrapped in any of
those editors (the way I have them set).  Looking quickly your longest lines
were in the 120+ range.  In all cases, except emacs, all was clear and easy
to work with - even for long periods of time.  At the moment I am not even
using an external monitor on my ThinkPad T40p (1400x1050).

My $.02 - even though I am not part of your team
-rich