woindows build problems

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 20 17:14:47 EDT 2007

Attempting to build r15742 on winxp I end up at:

make[5]: *** No rule to make target `libgncmod_gnome_utils_la_SOURCES',
needed by `libgncmod-gnome-utils.la'.  Stop.
make[5]: Leaving directory `/c/soft/gnucash/build/src/gnome-utils'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I also get a warning a little earlier:

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lhtmlhelp.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libhtmlhelp and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /c/soft/gnome/lib/libiconv.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it.

But htmlhelp.lib is in /c/soft/hh/lib, and HH_LDFLAGS="-L/c/soft/hh/lib"
is exported by profile.d/installer.sh

Dave
--
David Reiser