windows build problems

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 20 19:23:57 EDT 2007

On 20 Mar 2007, at 5:51:19 PM, Andreas Köhler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 20.03.2007, 17:14 -0400 schrieb Dave Reiser:
>> Attempting to build r15742 on winxp I end up at:
>
> I have to admit that I have not tested r15742 on Windows yet.
>
>> make[5]: *** No rule to make target
>> `libgncmod_gnome_utils_la_SOURCES',
>> needed by `libgncmod-gnome-utils.la'.  Stop.
>> make[5]: Leaving directory `/c/soft/gnucash/build/src/gnome-utils'
>> make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Hmm. I might have screwed up something else too. Maybe it's time to
wipe most of that install clean and redo it...

>> I also get a warning a little earlier:
>>
>> *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -
>> lhtmlhelp.
>> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link
>> in when
>> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
>> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
>> *** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
>> *** with libhtmlhelp and none of the candidates passed a file
>> format test
>> *** using a file magic. Last file checked: /c/soft/gnome/lib/
>> libiconv.a
>> *** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here
>> will be
>> *** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this
>> library
>> *** or is declared to -dlopen it.
>>
>> *** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
>> *** because either the platform does not support them or
>> *** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
>> *** libtool will only create a static version of it.
>>
>> But htmlhelp.lib is in /c/soft/hh/lib, and HH_LDFLAGS="-L/c/soft/
>> hh/lib"
>> is exported by profile.d/installer.sh
>
> That is weird.  In r15727 I added a test in inst_hh to make sure we
> can
> really compile and link a test file similar to gnc-help-utils.c.
> So if
> you use install.sh, it should fail.  Also, I do not have
> c:/soft/hh/lib/htmlhelp.lib, because it is moved to htmlhelp.lib.bak.
> You should rather have libhtmlhelp.a.

I just checked on the old laptop, and it has the correct help file
library. The one at work doesn't. I probably caused that when I let
it install hh to the default location, and then just tried to rename
the directory. Silly me.

It looks like r15739 is going to finish successfully on the home
laptop. Time to nuke the work machine...

Thanks for changing the fumble-fingered Subject:

>> Dave
>
> -- andi5

Dave
--