[Inquiry]GNUCash SoC - Implementing Undo

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Mar 28 13:14:07 EDT 2007

On Wed, March 28, 2007 11:29 am, Ariel wrote:
> Actually, I'd like to turn this around - why aren't those things written
> to the log? I think they should. If I invoice a customer, and then loose
> data, I'd certainly like to be able to replay that.

In large part because the transaction log is basically a reimplementation
of a database, and we're not a database project.  In large part because
it's not trivial to create a domain object that modifies the txn log for
free.  In no serious part because it's named "Transaction" log ... how
could you put anything else in there... ;)

> Because of that, is why I suggested that undo has a window of it's own,

Does any other app handle undo this way?  Why should gnucash be different?

What does gnumeric do when you undo a change not on the local workbook
page/tab?  We should do that.

> I don't think it's possible to make undo local to each view.

Of course it is possible, anything's possible.

--
...jsled