2.1.2 Release delayed

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 15 11:11:22 EDT 2007

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> Quoting Chris Lyttle <chris at wilddev.net>:
>> Well due to things beyond my control I could not run the 2.1.2 build
>> until this evening. Unfortunately I ran into 2 problems with it, first
>> distcheck failed complaining that it couldn't find a file;
>> make[3]: Entering directory
>> `/home/chris/cvs/gnucash-test/gnucash-2.1.2/_build'
>> svn log -v --xml -r HEAD:15287 http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash | \
>>           xsltproc --stringparam strip-prefix "gnucash/trunk" \
>>           --stringparam include-rev "yes" ../macros/svn2cl.xsl - > ChangeLog
>> warning: failed to load external entity "../macros/svn2cl.xsl"
>> cannot parse ../macros/svn2cl.xsl
>> svn: Write error: Broken pipe
>> make[3]: *** [ChangeLog] Error 4
>
> I'm sorry for this. This might happen (only?) if you've modified the
> NEWS file in your local working copy but didn't run "make" after that,
> which would have created the ChangeLog file so that its creation rule
> wouldn't have triggered during "make distcheck"... anyway, the file
> macros/svn2cl.xsl needs to be added to EXTRA_DIST in the top-level
> Makefile.am because it's necessary for this rule.

I'll take a look at this, but is there any reason that this particular
rule doesn't exist during "dist"?  I would think that if NEWS is newer
than ChangeLog then the ChangeLog should be pulled during "make dist"
(or "make distcheck") even without having to call "make".   Am I missing
something?

>> The following files contain translations and are currently not in use.
>> Please
>> consider adding these to the POTFILES.in file, located in the po/ directory.
>>
>> lib/glib28/gfileutils-2.8.c
>> src/gnome/gnucash.desktop.in.in
>>
>> If some of these files are left out on purpose then please add them to
>> POTFILES.skip instead of POTFILES.in. A file 'missing' containing this list
>> of left out files has been written in the current directory.
>> if [ -r missing -o -r notexist ]; then \
>>           exit 1; \
>>         fi
>>
>> So it would seem the po file updates and the update the changelog script
>> were not checked properly to make sure they didnt break the check.
>
> I don't know why these are being complained about. These files have
> been existing for quite some time by now.

Actually, no, lib/glib28/gfileutils-2.8.c is new in trunk.  It used to
be in glib26.  Are these files actually in POTFILES.in?