2.1.2 Release delayed

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Wed May 16 12:33:17 EDT 2007

Christian Stimming wrote:
> Quoting Chris Lyttle <chris at wilddev.net>:
>
>> Well due to things beyond my control I could not run the 2.1.2 build
>> until this evening. Unfortunately I ran into 2 problems with it, first
>> distcheck failed complaining that it couldn't find a file;
>> make[3]: Entering directory
>> `/home/chris/cvs/gnucash-test/gnucash-2.1.2/_build'
>> svn log -v --xml -r HEAD:15287 http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash | \
>>           xsltproc --stringparam strip-prefix "gnucash/trunk" \
>>           --stringparam include-rev "yes" ../macros/svn2cl.xsl - > ChangeLog
>> warning: failed to load external entity "../macros/svn2cl.xsl"
>> cannot parse ../macros/svn2cl.xsl
>> svn: Write error: Broken pipe
>> make[3]: *** [ChangeLog] Error 4
>>

> I'm sorry for this. This might happen (only?) if you've modified the
> NEWS file in your local working copy but didn't run "make" after that,
> which would have created the ChangeLog file so that its creation rule
> wouldn't have triggered during "make distcheck"... anyway, the file
> macros/svn2cl.xsl needs to be added to EXTRA_DIST in the top-level
> Makefile.am because it's necessary for this rule.

To clarify, I do always change the NEWS and configure.in files before
running a test distcheck.
Normally I run configure <options> && make && make distcheck, so I am
running make but not checking NEWS into svn. Anyway, from my small
knowledge of xsltproc the error above is it complaining it cant find
svn2cl.xsl.

Chris