Similarities between CSV and QIF importers?

Benjamin Sperisen lasindi at gmail.com
Tue May 29 08:15:00 EDT 2007

Hi Chintan,

I am the summer of code student working on the CSV importer. My mentor
(Josh Sled) suggested that I try seeing if there are any similarities
between the QIF and CSV importers that we could work on, and that
seems like a good idea to me (why reinvent wheels?). I have code at
the moment that can read in a CSV file and create a two-dimensional
GPtrArray containing the cells as strings. Is this at all similar to
the data structure you parse QIF files into (or plan to use as you
rewrite the importer in C)?

Benny