Questions about GObjectification in GnuCash

Daniel Espinosa esodan at gmail.com
Thu May 31 16:01:36 EDT 2007

Does any one know why QofInstance's functions use gpointer instead of
QofInstance* ?

Does any one know why when you change QofInstance object's Book, just
change the pointer? May be you need: (a) remove from the actual book's
collection (b) add to the new book's collection (c) change the pointer
to the new book (This process is performed in QofInstance set Book
property at gobject-engine-dev branch...)

When will be performed a code clean up? I mean:
(a) delete the documentation in headers,
(b) use some convention about object's function's name

Are there any plan to delete QOF's class registration (to use only GObject)

What about string based type system?

What about QofParam, will be replased by GObject properties some time forward?

Could QofCollections be GObjects?

Could QofBook directy use a Database engine instead of in-memory
collections? I mean: use database's tables, instead to have a
in-memory copy of objects in the hashtable QofCollections

Could QofBook be the operation handler for updates/insert/delete
objects in its collections or database?

Could QofBook and may be more objects in QOF/GNC, be a GInterface?
This could allow to create diferent implementations for
update/insert/delete objects using a different library other than QOF
(If it's possible, a propose is needed)

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)