Tip of the day: development version warning ?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Nov 27 04:54:15 EST 2007

Hi,

I am running Gnucash 2.2.1 on Mandriva 2007.1. I rebuilt this Gnucash version
myself starting from the source rpms from Mandriva 2008.0, because Mandriva
2007.1 comes by default with GC 2.0.5.

Today when starting Gnucash, I got this tip of the day:

Warning!! This is a DEVELOPMENT version of GnuCash. It probably has lots of
bugs and unstable features! If you are looking for a stable personal finance
application, you should use the latest release of GnuCash 2.0.

This raises two questions:

* Is my version of Gnucash really a development version ? I thought not, as GC
2.2.1 is the latest stable. According to the about window, my version has
been built from svn r16462. Is that a stable version or a development
release ?

* Secondly, if I am really using a development version, shouldn't the tip of
the day then point me to release 2.2 as the latest stable ?

Regards,

Geert