Advanced portfolio report

Morrison J. Chang mjchang at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 29 22:05:15 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 12:32 -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > whoops, that version is broken, disregard.
>
> here is one that actually works ;)
>
> comments please

I'll make my code comments in my response to your comments.
(In any case both of us are still failing cases..)

Attached is copy of my test file.

Looking at the report entry for Vanguard Test.

With the NAV value as 62.00
I see a Money In as 997.50 which doesn't seem right.

If you can't open the file:
Create a Mutual fund and have two ledger entries:
buy 1000 dollars for 16.132 shares (money from opening balance)
In a ledger-split:
 buy 0.54 shares for 32.99 dollars
 expense adjustment for (buy) 2.50 dollars
 income:dividend:mutual fund (sell) 35.49

-Morrison