Two small gui improvements

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Oct 3 17:54:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

Based on some issues I encountered today with posting invoices (see also the
irc logs for more details), I have done some minor gui improvements in the
business dialogs. They don't solve my post problem at the core (that would
require more indepth programming knowledge), but they help improve
visibility.

1. The post dialog
Current situation: the information in the "Post to account" field is not
completely visible. Widening the dialog doesn't help, because the field has a
fixed with and doesn't expand.
New situation: when the dialog expands, the variable fields expand with it.
This allows for the "Post to account" to grow until the full account text is
visible.

2. Search dialog
Current situation: sometimes when the search returns a lot of results, a lot
of scrolling is required to get to the desired result. Increasing the size of
the search dialog doesn't help, because the result part of the dialog has a
fixed height.
New situation: I have added a split pane widget (along with some changes to
keep the end result tidy). With this, the user can increase the size of the
result part independently from the search criteria part. Currently, the
search criteria part is about one criterium high. This can still be changed
if needed.

I have attached two diff files (generated with svn diff) for the affected
glade files.

I hope you guys find the modifications useful.

Regards,

Geert