Build/Compile Enviroment for Microsoft Vista & GNUCash

Stephen Grant brown s_g_brown at bemail.com.au
Mon Oct 8 18:09:57 EDT 2007

Dear Sirs/Madams

I am getting very frustrated, but not with you guys.

My latest drama is that the unzip program installed by Packaging/install.sh does not work.

For example the command

unzip -q -o /c/Users/Public/GNUCash_Downloads/readline-5.1-lib.zip -d /c/soft/readline

from the msys command line fails.

The command

unzip -q -o /cygdrive/c/Users/Public/GNUCash_Downloads/readline-5.1-lib.zip -d /cygdrive//c/soft/readline

from the cygwin command line works.

I then went back into msys and rerun install.sh and it went on to the next download, unzip where it failed again.

One option is to remove cygwin but I do nott wish to do this at this point in time.

Another option is to butcher Packagin/* to use the cygwin unzip but I do not know where to start, or am not prepared to put the time in to do this.

Another option is to download the source for unzip, configure/make/install and use that unzip.

A third option is to find out why unzip is not working in msys.

I have

cd  /c/Users/Public/GNUCash_Downloads
unzip -t /c/Users/Public/GNUCash_Downloads/readline-5.1-lib.zip

from the msys command prompt and it fails (like all the rest) by bringing up the help instructions.

Yours Sincerely Stephen Grant Brown