import quicken to gnucash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 17 10:13:00 EDT 2007

Hi,

Quoting Richard Nagy <richard.nagy at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> i imported an account from quicken to gnucash. Everything worked, only
> im not able to see any PAYEE slot, while in quicken i was able to create
> PAYEE REPORT and see how much money had a payee spent.

The Quicken Payee becomes the GnuCash transaction "Description".

> Could you advice me how to handle this situation?
> I have already searched a lot for the answer on the internet...

You could run a Transaction report (from the Chart of Accounts view, click
on Reports -> Transaction Report).  From there you could set it up to
sort by Description.

But in general this kind of functionality hasn't been highly requested.
People tend to care more about what they spend their money on, not
where they spend their money.  For example, does it really matter whether
you buy groceries at Stop and Shop or Publix?