new html-acct-table patch [was Re: html-acct-table patch]

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 31 18:01:17 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 05:25:50PM -0400, Mike Alexander wrote:
> --On October 31, 2007 1:00:14 PM -0700 Andrew Sackville-West

>> per http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/guile/guile_252.html, hash-set!
>> finds the key in table and assigns the value to that slot.

> The description of hash-set! that I found is
>
>> Associate val with key in the given hash table. If key is already
>> present then it's associated value is changed. If it's not present
>> then a new entry is created.

interesting. the difference between these descriptions is rather
important, IMO. The first doesn't define a behavior for hash-set!
when the key doesn't exist, hence my comment. But your description
comes from GNU, and seeing as its GNU's Ubiquitous Intelligent...,
that's probably the one to go by ;-)

> As usual there are lots of different ways to accomplish the same thing. I
> picked one, but it was largely an arbitrary decision.

indeed. thanks for the info.