RW access for german account charts

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Mon Sep 3 10:39:35 EDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 04:03:13PM +0200, Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Christian Stimming wrote:
> > It would be fine to have more people with write access to
> > gnucash/trunk/accounts/de_DE/ .
>
> OK, so what is the next step?
>
> In case you guys go with Chris' suggestion of a separate branch, I'd
> only ask you not to name it "mob".  As a contributor, I think I and
> anyone else deserves to be treated with respect and "mob" does not quite
> express that to me.   I am sure it was not meant offensively, but the
> wording is not so super, I'd say.

hehe.  I can see your point.  While the actual branch name is not
important, the designation as a "mob" branch is actually a term of
art.  The term is a reference to an essay [1], and it's a term I've
seen used by several different projects.  Admittedly, it's probably
not widely used outside of communities that use a distributed SCM, so
I should have explained the term.  Nevertheless, I don't think we have
any say over the definition of that term.

It's certainly not a derogatory term, so I expect it will eventually
lose any intial negative connotations people have with it.

As to the point at hand, it doesn't seem like anyone is too interested
in figuring out how to implement this with svn, so it's probably
easiest just to give you access to the directory.  So, send Derek or
Josh your public key, and see what happens.  :)

-chris

[1] http://www.dreamsongs.com/MobSoftware.html