Microsoft Vista Build Enviroment for GNUCash

Nathan Buchanan nbinont at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 16:14:50 EDT 2007

Hi Stephen!

On 9/7/07, Stephen Grant Brown <s_g_brown at bemail.com.au> wrote:

>  Hi Nathan,
>
> I have jsut read through all the questions and the replies to these
> questions concerning compiling gnucash on Microsoft Vista.
>
> I have reinstalled msys under a new directory using admin account.
>
> I switched to user account Stephen to install build enviroment.
>
> custom.sh now works. Thanks for your advice.
>
> In custom.sh I put
>
> GLOBAL_DIR=C:\\Compile_GNUCash\\msys\\home\\Stephen\\GNUCash
>
> and
>
> DOWNLOAD_DIR=C:\\Users\\Public\\GNUCash_Downloads
>
> I changed GLOBAL_DIR because  the default dir is not available via a user
> account.
>
> I used svn client to put packaging into msys's
> /home/stephen/GNUCash/Packaging which is
> Vista's C:\\Compile_GNUCash\\msys\\home\\Stephen\\GNUCash\\Packaging
>
> install.sh =>
>
> ./install.sh /cu/users/public/GNUCash_Downloads/msysDTK-1.0.1.ezePermission denied.
>
> Vista command prompt says
>
> sh: ... Access is denied

Based on what Vista File Explorer is telling you, the user "Stephen" does
not have permission to install software on your machine. You will either
have to give Stephen permission to install programs (msysDTK-1.0.1.exe, etc)
or use your admin account. install.sh does a lot of work for you to make
sure that it has all the programs you need - this is probably what is
causing your difficulty.

Give one of those a try and do let us know what happens.

Nathan

PS: your problems with bashdb seem to be due to the PATH it is using to run
install.sh - but your permissions problem is the real issue, not this.

Vista File Explorer ask for an admin password before it executes the file.