Compiling GNUCash under Vista (again)

Stephen Grant brown s_g_brown at bemail.com.au
Mon Sep 17 20:28:08 EDT 2007

Hi Derek,

I have opened msys, and done a env command. The path enviroment variable has
a few relative ones like bin, mingw\bin (I think) and then the windows ones,
nothing to do with cygwin.

I had installed a couple of copies of msys into  various directories. I
deleted them all to start again. When i reinstalled msys it finished without
installing the msys.bat file. I then did a search from the start menu and
found the msys.bat files I had just deleted.

I suspect that the index of files that Vista maintains had not been been
given enough time to be updated, and that install.sh was being told files
existed when in fact they have been deleted.

Yours Sincerely Stephen Grant Brown