Need help tracking down guile issue

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 18 13:53:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

Please dont forget to cc the list on all replies...

Allen Briggs <briggs at ninthwonder.com> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 11:01:28AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Oh, yeah, on MacOS you might need to force guile 1.6.x
>
> I decided to punt and run NetBSD/i386 in a VMware Fusion VM instead of
> wrestling with it.  I'm curious, though, what the problem might be with
> newer versions of guile on OS X?  You seem to be somewhat familiar with
> it.  Any pointers?  A quick look around the web seems to reveal that
> there have been issues, but little about the source of the issues or if
> anyone's working on fixing them.

The problem is guile 1.8 and slib -- they don't work well together
without a lot of help, and if the packagers dont help it, well.. You
get stuck.  Check the wiki -- there's a command to the macports
'port' command to tell it to use guile 1.6 when installing gnucash.
But these issues are outside our gnucash's pervue.