r16543 - gnucash/branches/gda-dev/src - Make GDA backend (sqlite) the default if file: or no access method is

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 24 16:51:37 EDT 2007

Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> writes:

> The UI doesn't support xml: (or any access method) but it can be entered from
> the command line i.e. gnucash xml:...

Yeah, we should probably fix this..  Or add other "File -> Open"
methods to let the user choose the specific version.

> It does file-type auto-detection but there is also the wrinkle that ".db" is
> added for sqlite files.  So, if you want to open "foo", first the gda/sqlite
> backend look to see if "foo.db" exists and is an sqlite file. If so, it is
> used.  If, not, it then checks to see if "foo" exists.  If so, the gda/sqlite
> backend assumes that it is a different type of file and lets the xml backend
> have a go at it.  If "foo" doesn't exist, the gda/sqlite backend will create
> "foo.db".

Is ".db" actually required?  Is there some way to test the file and
then choose which backend to use?