funny dates in register running gda-dev2 branch built from SVN r17061

Karim B karimb at comcast.net
Tue Apr 1 22:16:22 EDT 2008

I just built the gda-dev2 branch on a windows XP system.  I installed it
on my test system and started it with the following command line:

"c:\Program Files\gnucash\bin\gnucash.bat" --debug
gda://sqlite:"c:\Documents and
Settings\karim\.gnucash\data\CurrentFinances.db"

When I double click on the checking account I created, I see the three
transactions I entered.  The problem is that the date is wrong on all
three of them.  The dates show up as 81/24/3180, 77/24/4076, and
29/24/3628.  However if I access the sqlite db directly and look at the
entries in the transaction table the dates are 03-16-2008, 03-16-2008,
and 04-01-2008, which are the correct dates.  If I click in the date
field in the register the date changes to 04/01/2008(today's date).

Has anyone else seen this?  Does anyone have any idea why this might be
happening?

Thanks for the help!
Karim B