gda-dev2 r17071

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 8 13:14:26 EDT 2008

Charles Day wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu
> <mailto:warlord at mit.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net
>     <mailto:dbreiser at earthlink.net>> writes:
>
>      > After disabling the glib 2.16.2 problem and updating gda-dev2 to
>      > r17071, gnucash fails to launch:
>      >
>      > ERROR: Undefined variable: gnc-utf8?
>      >
>      > in the terminal window.
>      >
>      > Mac OS X 10.5.2, gcc 4.0.1, glib 2.16.1
>
>     I know that this is a new API that Charles Day added recently.
>     Maybe the merge from trunk wasn't complete?
>

> That new Scheme predicate, gnc-utf8?, was added in r17063 to fix a QIF
> importer bug. See http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/17063
>
> Perhaps you have an out-of-date copy of core-utils.scm in your build and
> install directories?
>
> -Charles
Hmm. Trac seems to indicate that core-utils.scm was updated in the
latest merge. I'll have to check when I get home. svn tells me I'm
up-to-date, but the previous update I did on that branch seemed a bit
strange. Maybe it's time for a fresh checkout.

Would swig-runtime.h somehow affect the behavior I'm seeing -- i.e., do
I have to do a make maintainerclean to have all the right things in place?

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net