g_value_transform() is locale-dependent

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Sun Aug 3 11:35:11 EDT 2008

Hi Phil,

unfortunately, g_value_transform() inside gnc_sql_get_sql_value() does
not work for me.  When you start gnucash within LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, you
will see that transforming 0.000 yields "0,000" and makes the sql code
stream out loud.

Altogether, quoting the documentation of that function
"""Especially transformations into strings might reveal seemingly
arbitrary results and shouldn't be relied upon for production code."""

I wonder whether we can without it.  Please note that I have no clue
whether it is used on values only that are supposed to be string-like
anyway or it is just filling a gap of implementation somewhere else :-)

Anyway, thanks!

Ciao,
-- andi5