Price updates and qof events

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 13:48:43 EDT 2008

I've noticed that updating a GNCPrice does not generate any qof event. This
causes a display problem in the Price Editor (the old price continues to be
shown until the mouse passes over the row) and possibly other places.

In contrast, updating a commodity generates a qof event (QOF_EVENT_MODIFY)
so the Security Editor and Price Editor can update their displays
immediately.

Is there any particular reason that updating a price should not generate a
qof event? (I looked in the code, but didn't see any explanation.)

Seems simple enough to provide a patch for this.

Cheers,
Charles