Trunk and libdbi on win32

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Mon Aug 11 09:44:35 EDT 2008

I've been trying to get trunk (and libdbi) to compile on win32.  Libdbi
has binaries for windows, but they are for cygwin, not mingw.  OK.
Download source for libdbi and libdbi-drivers.  First question: sqlite3
only or mysql/pgsql as well (when compiling the drivers, you need to
specify which drivers to build and where the db include/lib files are).
 OK.  For now, sqlite3 only.  Download sqlite3 source.  Compiles.  DBD
(libdbi driver) for sqlite3 doesn't compile.  There are 2 problems.  1)
on mingw, "errno" is a #define for '*_errno()', and the sqlite3 driver
uses the symbol "errno" in function prototypes.  OK.  Replace "errno"
with "err_no".  2) sqlite3 driver uses asprintf() which is like
sprintf() but it malloc's the string.   Not available on win32.  For
now, I'll replace with sprintf() to see if I can get it to work.

Phil