Next project

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Mon Aug 18 12:51:19 EDT 2008

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:59:10 -0400
Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> wrote:

> Now that the dbi backend has been folded back into trunk, i'm ready
> for something new.  Reports and/or the ability to extract/export info
> to a spreadsheet are my biggest itches.  I've seen talk about a
> complete report system rewrite.  I'm not sure I'm ready for that (I
> do have a regular job), but if there is a separable chunk of that,
> let me know. Otherwise, maybe I'll work on ways of extracting info to
> spreadsheets.

Cool, this sounds like the dbi backend being ready for testing? How is
the performance in comparison to the xml backend?

Concerning the reporting system there is something I miss: Older GC
versions allowed to click on account names to go from an item to a
greater level of details (drill down) which I found very useful
sometimes. I know it had to be removed for technical reasons, but still
it would be nice if this could be considered during a rewrite.

Manfred