Posting time bug fix proposal (simplified)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 18 13:39:03 EDT 2008

"Charles Day" <cedayiv at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>
>     "Charles Day" <cedayiv at gmail.com> writes:
>
>     >     However, the closing transaction needs to be the "last" transaction
>     >     of the day.
>     >
>     > Is there any way to tell which transactions were created by book
>     closing? A
>     > particular description, for example?
>
>     Nope.  There's currently no tag that a txn is a book-closing txn.
>     One could certainly add a tag in dialog-book-close.c.
>
> That means there is no automatic way to tell a book closing transaction from a
> transaction shifted by the bug. So this patch, as is, would screw up anyone
> who has used the book closing feature. Is there anything in the data file,
> perhaps outside of transactions, that could at least show whether the book
> closing feature has been used?

Nope.  One could certainly add a tag going forward but that wouldn't
help anyone who's already used the book closing feature.

This is why I pointed it out before you committed this change..  I
wanted to let you know that your approach doesn't quite work give the
current existing feature-set of GnuCash.  ;-)