Early 2.2.7 release?

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:47:53 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Quoting Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com>:
>
>  I think I've come to the end of my latest avalanche of changes (15+ bug
>> fixes), and there is a major bug (#545722) fixed for Windows and Mac
>> users.
>> Sounds like Phil is now done with the libdbi stuff, too.
>>
>> Is it reasonable to consider an quicker-than-usual release of 2.2.7?
>>

> Funny you should ask that.  Andreas and I were discussing that
> on IRC earlier today.

I think an earlier release would not be a bad idea, as I imagine the bulk of
changes that would go into 2.2.7 are already committed. Plus that Windows
date entry bug really stinks. I saw one report that it affected Mac, and one
that it didn't, so I don't know how common it is there. I was kind of
surprised by that date bug, as I tested my changes thoroughly in my
development environment, which happens to be Windows XP (but via MSYS), and
it always worked perfectly for me. And the fix didn't even involve code I'd
changed. Go figure. It sure would be nice to have more testers involved, but
even then, I don't expect we'd be able to get every patch tested in multiple
OS's, much less multiple versions of GTK, etc... So it seems stuff like this
is bound to happen once in a while.

Anyway, I think we should try to do this next release earlier rather than
later.

>  Cheers,
>> Charles
>>

> -derek
>
> --
>      Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
>      Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
>      warlord at MIT.EDU                        PGP key available

-Charles