Early 2.2.7 release?

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 14:18:20 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Andreas Köhler <andi5.py at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>> 2.2.7?

>> bulk of
>> >
>> > We came to the same conclusion.  The date bug in particular
>> > warrants a quick turnaround to 2.2.7.
>>
>> Sure.
>>
>> OTOH, I will need at least one week to review the stuff pending.  I hope
>> to start this work this weekend.
>>
>> @Charles, have you checked whether there are interesting gnome package
>> updates?  Especially GTK+, ORBit2 and other such base packages may have
>> fixed some of the bugs happening on Windows.
>>

> I'm not quite sure what you are asking me to do here. I see that there are
> newer versions of GTK+ (2.12.11) and Orbit2 (2.14.13) available than what is
> specified in defaults.sh (2.12.8 and 2.14.11, respectively) but I can't tell
> if they fix anything relevant to GnuCash. The ORBit2 release notes are
> pretty short and cryptic so I really don't understand what has been fixed
> there, and I can't reproduce any of the reported problems myself anyway (for
> example, bug 510720).

Oops, the current default in defaults.sh for ORBit2 is 2.14.12, not
2.14.11.Regardless, the win32 binary for 2.14.13 is available now. The
source for
2.14.14 was released yesterday, so maybe a 2.14.14 binary will show up in
the next few days. I see that 2.14.14 includes some changes right near the
"Can't create CORBA main-thread wakeup pipe" error message. With any luck,
that might fix bug 510720. But since I can't reproduce that problem, I can't
test it either.