RIP: cyberbird.yi.org - no nightly windows builds for a while

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 22 15:28:52 EDT 2008

"Nathan Buchanan" <nbinont at gmail.com> writes:

> Yesterday morning, cyberbird's hard drive failed on me, and despite my
> recitation attempts, a few other of cyberbird's ailments finally caught up
> with it. Unfortunately it was just cyberbird's time to go. RIP cyberbird.
>
> This means that nightly build of the windows installer will not be available
> until a replacement is found - unfortunately my replacement timeline for
> that machine is measured in months :(.
>
> I will still be able to provide random builds of trunk, but this will be
> entirely time permitting.
>
> Normal release builds should proceed as normal.

Perhaps it's time to contemplate a new gnucash server that can run
VMs for things like builds and testing?  I could certainly imagine
running a few win32 VMs so we could test packages on XP and Vista,
perhaps even in different configurations?