A new stable release 2.2.8 relatively soon?

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Tue Dec 9 18:59:39 EST 2008

Hi Christian,

On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 23:32 +0100, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'd like to propose to have a new stable release 2.2.8 relatively soon.
>
> Over the last weeks I had some spare time and used it to commit all those
> patches that were floating around in bugzilla and gnucash-devel. This gave a
> significant improvement for the 2.2 branch, so I think we have well enough
> bugfixes and improvements, not the least improved translations, to justify a
> new 2.2.8 release. Could we plan to have one, e.g. next weekend? December
> 14th?

Yes, given that you already did a lot of backporting work, I suppose
that this weekend should be fine.

> @Andreas: Do you think you can act as the release manager once again? Do you
> need help to compile the release notes or would you do that yourself?

I can compile them, but do not hesitate to help me if you can afford the
time :-)

On Monday night I tried to run 'make distcheck' and to compile on
Windows.  Both failed somewhere near the end, that is why I have not
uploaded anything to test yet, what I actually had intended to do.  I
will give it another try tomorrow evening (at least I hope so).

> For the record: From January onwards, I know that my job situation will be
> even more interesting and challenging, which means I will be able to spend
> only extremely little time on gnucash anymore. Right now I think I spend
> approx. 3-5 hours per week on gnucash in total, but next year this will
> reduce (again) to less than one hour per week. So, no more patches by me next
> year, only the ones that are already in SVN this year. :-)
>
> Thanks a lot!

Thank You!

Ciao,
-- Andreas