Request for win32 binaries for svn trunk

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Sun Dec 14 19:55:04 EST 2008

I am one of the few victims of bug #426111, which causes the following
error message to appear frequently and prevent the transaction from
being entered: "That transaction is already being edited in another
register. Please finish editing it there first." In some sessions, it
happens with virtually every entry.

r17623 in trunk attempts to fix this problem but I haven't been able to
test it because there are no win32-compiled svn trunk binaries.

I've tried building gnc on win32, and also cross-compiling from linux
for win32, and neither has worked. msys frequently crashes and stack
dumps when building anything (discussion at
<http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Msys-sh-stackdump-during-make-tt20744591.html>);
  I'm not sure cross-compiling is even supported at all anymore for gnc.
For what it's worth, I get stuck trying to build gmp; configure can't
find the correct build compiler.

So I'm wondering if anyone on this list with a working win32 build
system would be willing to provide a binary that includes r17623 for me
to test to determine whether it actually fixes bug #426111.

Thanks!