closing invoice tab crashes app

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Mon Dec 15 14:25:41 EST 2008

> > > Unfortunately gnucash was compiled without debug symbols; however, I'm not
> > > sure whether ./configure --enable-debug would be sufficient to get a gnucash
> > > with debug symbols. The console output at least tells it has something to do
> > > with the g_hash_table, whose behaviour was changed in r17747. Could you try
> > > to compile r17746 (i.e. without that change) and see whether the problem goes
> > > away? If yes, that commit will be reverted for now and will need further
> > > testing.

I rolled back to 17745 and it does *not* crash there.

Also, I stepped through some of the code and from what I can tell, the
crash was actually happening in glib code. Specifically, I think it is
happening in the g_object stuff. in gtkobject.c is a call to
g_object_run_dispose and the crasher happens shortly thereafter.

Is this possibly a bug in glib (or whatever, not gtk, library
g_object_run_dispose lives in) not checking for NULL before free()?

I don't feel like building a debug version of glib at the moment to
track it down...