guile-1.6.8

Tino Gugger-Ruffer trgugger at gmx.net
Mon Dec 22 01:41:22 EST 2008

Hello Andreas,

> Hi Tino,
>
> It would be nice if you could send us patches for those downloads not
> working anymore, because once those packages are installed you usually
> avoid downloading and compiling the stuff again and again.
>
> By patching defaults.sh right away centrally, you avoid that anyone
> trying install.sh either gives up or finds his own way to solve the
> problem.

As far as I think, install.sh tries to download packages from different sf-mirrors. Sometimes, files were not available on some of those mirrors. When I then ran install.sh again, it would try other mirrors and sometimes find the packages then.
I don't really know how the mechanism works, but that's how it looks to me. I wouldn't know how to fix this...

Anyway, after several tries I grew tired of it and searched for the required packages myself and installed them manually.

Hope that helps to find the problem,
Tino

ps: I'm not sure I can find the logs anymore...