Request: Enhancement in Use of Account Codes

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Thu Dec 25 12:52:58 EST 2008

Mike,

thank you for your mail.

I am sure you have great experience in developing software, I am not
questioning that.  I am not sure your experiences, the analytical
approach, division of labor (hats as you described them) which I would
consider best practice in any kind of business project can easily be
transferred to gnucash or any other FOSS project.

I've never seen you around before, but you seem to have valuable
knowledge.  What is it that you are suggesting and what role do you see
for yourself in that?  How long have you actually been following what is
going on with gnucash development?

Regards

Rolf

PS: My experience is that most FOSS projects are much more evolutionary,
chaotic and nonlinear than what theory may prescribe.  It is not "as the
project manager requires" but "scratching greatest itch" that determines
what gets done, usually.