Install problems on Intel MacBook Pro running Leopard

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 31 10:55:51 EST 2008

Having gnucash in /sw indicates you used fink to install gnucash. Did
you have fink install the package 'gnucash2' or 'gnucash'? In fink,
gnucash is version 1.8.12 and gnucash2 is version 2.2.8. Both programs
are launched with the same command ('gnucash' or '/sw/bin/gnucash').

Some people are able to run gnucash 1.8.12 on an Intel Mac running
Leopard. Some aren't. If I'm remembering correctly, the errors you're
seeing are from one of the ancient gnome packages having trouble on
new Macs.

If you did install just gnucash, then you can get the current version
by 'fink install gnucash2'. It will replace the old version.

Dave