GDA interim benchmarking synopsis

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 15 12:38:53 EST 2008

Thilo Pfennig <tp at pfennigsolutions.de> writes:

> Am Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:47:41 -0500
> schrieb Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>:
>
>> [snip]
>> > SQLite and MySql are completely opposite as to which queries
>> > perform well and poorly.  That's why I want to see if I can adjust
>> > the queries and indices to do better.
>>
>> I'm really beginning to wonder if we need to write special SQL
>> based on the database we're using in order to tune the performance
>> because of issues like this?
>
> Well why not start with filing bugs at GDA? I am quite sure they want
> that too. Or if you can instead of writing special SQL suggest a patch?

That would imply that:
a) I understand GDA enough to write a patch, or
b) the GDA folks would be responsive enough to get a patched version
   out well in time for releases to pick it up before we release gnucash.
c) GDA would be willing to make the fixes in their 3.x tree and not
   make us wait for the 4.x tree (which apparently removes GdaQuery).

I'm all for improving GDA, but there are limits.  :)