Feature request from German list: Disable editing of transactions

Thilo Pfennig tp at pfennigsolutions.de
Sat Feb 16 14:55:40 EST 2008

Am Sat, 16 Feb 2008 16:52:51 +0200
schrieb Graham Leggett <minfrin at sharp.fm>:

> This isn't true - each entry can have more than two ends in the form
> of splits, the only requirement is that all the splits add up to zero.

ACK, I should rather have written "at least two ends".

> Gnucash isn't the
> authoritative source for bank account information (the bank is) and
> therefore it should remain editable until the bank statement is
> reconciled,

Maybe this is a misunderstanding but what I mean is that if I make an
entry into the account "bank" I think this should still be visible,
because only if it wont there would be an error. I think oen should
distinct the real bank account and the bank account in GnuCash. Sure
these two should match, but for GnuCash the authorative one should be
the GnuCash "bank" account, shouldnt it? If tentries are falshe the
user should correct them but this should be visible. If they are just
editable without being visible this would make all accounts that
interact with bank alsio being editable, because only if one can check
both accounts for correctness one is able to make a statement about the
overall correctness of the book keeping. At least thats what I learned.

Thilo

--
PfennigSolutions - IT-Beratung- Wiki-Systeme
c/o Thilo Pfennig - Sandkrug 28 - 24143 Kiel