QIF doc pages

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 01:48:14 EST 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quoting Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com>:
>
> > On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> >
> >> Yeah, I thought they should be shown by default..  Are you sure
> >> that you're picking up the default schema settings?
> >>

> > The option to turn on/off QIF doc pages doesn't seem to be part of the
> > default schema settings. I guess I should put together one of those
> > "schemas" directories for the QIF importer, right?  Alternatively, we
> could
> > just change the sense of the setting to "Hide documentation" rather than
> > "Show documentation" so that doc pages are on by default, even if you
> blow
> > away your .gconf settings.

I've gone the schema route, and although I know nothing about gconf or
automake except what I skimmed today, by some miracle it seems to have
worked. Here's what I did, so tell me if this sounds right:
1. Created a new "schemas" directory under qif-import (I copied the one in
import-generic)
2. Rename "apps_gnucash_import_generic_matcher.schemas.in" to
"apps_gnucash_import_qif.schemas.in" and adjust its content.
3. Edit Makefile.am in the new schemas directory and replace
"apps_gnucash_import_generic_matcher.schemas.in" with
"apps_gnucash_import_qif.schemas.in"
4. Edit Makefile.am in the qif-import directory and add "schemas" as a
subdirectory (SUBDIRS).
5. Edit configure.in and add a line for
"src/import-export/qif-import/schemas/Makefile"
6. Add error checking to druid-qif-import.c so that doc pages are turned on
by default if the gconf lookup fails.
7. Build and test gnucash from scratch.

Does the above sound like everything I need to do? It seems to work - and
not by getting defaulted from #6.

I notice that the Makefile.in files got rebuilt at some point... but "svn
status" doesn't reflect that. Is SVN ignoring Makefile.in differences on
purpose? Would I need to include the new Makefile.in in the new schemas
directory as part of my "svn commit"?

Cheers,
Charles