GSoC 2008?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 28 09:38:11 EST 2008

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> Am Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2008 02:15 schrieb Derek Atkins:
>> http://code.google.com/soc/2008/
>>
>> So... do we want to apply again this year?  We did get SOME new
>> work last year, and we picked up some new people too.  We got
>> Jeff who's still working on the register rewrite.  We got a working
>> CSV importer.  But we got some other code that didn't quite complete
>> or merge back into trunk.
>
> I'd say we should give it a shot. The ideas from last year are probably still
> good.

Except I think we might want to reduce the scope of some of them
to make them more likely to succeed.

>> But... are people interested?  Do we have developers who are willing
>> to mentor kids?
>
> I'd be willing to review applications and answer questions on those. I won't
> have time to be a mentor myself.

Okay..  Would anyone else have the time to actually mentor?
We can't accept students without mentors.
I'm not sure I'll have the time this year.  I barely had
time last year and this year looks even busier for me.